Calling All Dance Troupes– Join Us for an Unforgettable Experience!
We are thrilled to announce the launch of our brand-new dance competition, Platinum Dance Competition! This is not just a competition; it’s an extraordinary celebration of dance, talent, and creativity. Whether you’re a seasoned dancer or a dynamic group eager to showcase your talents, this event is designed just for you!
Embrace the spotlight with opportunities for both small and large dance groups.
Our competition will be graced by two seasoned judges with extensive experience in the dance industry. Get valuable feedback and insights to enhance your performance. Benefit from their wealth of experience and industry expertise.
Winners in each category will receive fantastic prizes, including cash rewards, trophies, and special recognition. Our goal is to celebrate and reward excellence in dance. Attendees can look forward to exciting giveaways throughout the event. Your support and enthusiasm deserve to be rewarded!
Prepare for a day filled with rhythm, energy, and jaw-dropping performances!
Date: 29th & 30th June 2024
Venue: Pacific Hills Christian School Dural
Finals: 11th August 2024 SHORE Smith Auditorium
Age: Average Age of Group as of 1st January 2024
6years & under | 8years & under | 10years & under
12years & under | 14years & under | 15years and over
Small Group $70.00 per routine
Large Group $85.00 per routine
Entries Close: 1st June 2024
Entries are accepted on a first come, first serve basis and are limited to the amount of performance time available.
Professional dancers are not permitted to compete. A professional dancer is defined as anyone who is employed as a full-time dancer (Apprentices included) with a professional dance company. This includes dancers who are not currently employed under such a contract, but have been in the past.
Small Group: 4 to 9 Participants per item
Large Group: 10 Participants or more
Outstanding Troupe will be awarded $1000.00 prize money.
OUTSTANDING COSTUME | CHOREOGRAPHY | TECHNIQUE AWARDS
This award acknowledges outstanding COSTUME | CHOREOGRAPHY and or TECHNIQUE by a group. PLATINUM DANCE COMPETITION will present awards to any routine that the judges feel stands out and deserves recognition.
This is awarded to the group who the judges feel displayed the most outstanding costume.
This is awarded to the group and their choreographer(s) who the judges feel displayed the best choreography.
This is awarded to the group and their teachers who the judges feel displayed the best choreography.
Music needs to be uploaded in advance of the competition using – Music Uploads. All music should be recorded at proper speed.
FOR EMERGENCY it is advisable to have a duplicate USB.
Time limits set for each Category are as follows:
Marks will be deducted from the score for duration exceeding the limit. This is at the discretion of the adjudication panel.
NUMBER OF ENTRIES
Entries will be on a first come, first serve basis and will be limited to the amount of performance time available. PLATINUM DANCE COMPETITION reserves the right to add additional competition days or move the competition location due to unforeseen circumstances.
PLATINUM DANCE COMPETITION also bears the right to refuse entries at their discretion. There is no limit to the number of entries a studio or dancer may submit.
COMMERCIAL CONTEMPORARY – A routine with the intention of creating popular awareness to popular & current movements used to enhance a more present day contemporary style.
TRADITIONAL CONTEMPORARY – A routine where the movements have arisen from the tradition of this dance style. Primarily teaching the younger generations the history of this art form.
LYRICAL – A routine that is performed to the lyrics or mood of the music. JAZZ – A routine that utilises jazz technique such as splits, isolation, leaps, etc.
HIP HOP – A dance that consists of the latest street dance style, as seen in current dance videos.
BROADWAY/MUSICAL THEATRE – Any style of dance interpreting a song from Broadway, movie or musical.
ACROBATICS – A routine that contains primarily gymnastic tricks, including, but not limited to walkover, front/back limbers, handstands, headstands, cartwheels, etc. There should be a blend of gymnastics and dance together.
SONG and DANCE – A routine that combines dancing and singing. This is a vocal routine…lead vocals may not be lip synched and may have back up vocal accompaniment only.
BALLET Classical & Demi-Character – A routine consisting of classical steps & ballet technique. Ballet shoes must be worn.
JAZZ – A routine that utilises jazz technique such as splits, isolation, leaps, etc.
VARIETY Any style – A routine that is a combination of any of the other categories; a routine that does not exactly fit any of the definitions of any other category.
TAP Fast and slow – A routine utilising tap technique and must be performed with tap shoes only.
• There are no refunds, except if a section or the event is cancelled.
• Any entries received after the closing date will incur a $20.00 per entry late fee and handled accordingly. PLATINUM DANCE COMPETITION also bears the right to refuse the entry of any studio at their discretion.
• All competitors and spectators enter at their own risk. No responsibility will be taken for any accident, injury, or loss of property. This also applies to property on the grounds of the venue including motor vehicle. Upon entering the PLATINUM DANCE COMPETITION, it is agreed that all students, parents, relatives and teachers will not hold the PLATINUM DANCE COMPETITION, staff, directors, or the host facilities responsible for any injury or loss of property during the event.
• A highly qualified panel of judges will judge each entry and their decisions will be final. Contacting or speaking to judges is strictly prohibited at all time in order to give a fair chance to all participants.
• Props and/or sets must be set up and removed as quickly as possible. Make sure there is enough people setting the props to ensure it is done within the 2-minute total time limit for setting and striking props on the stage. No person setting props should wear a studio T- shirt or jacket. Students should not set props. Props must be removed from stage as soon as possible after performance is completed and removed completely from side stage.
• All competitors will be required to confirm their attendance with the backstage manager.
• Adjudicators decision is final. There is to be no communication with the adjudicator except for the offical staff at PLATINUM DANCE EVENT.
• Any section containing more than 20 competitors may be divided into parts A and B depending on the number in attendance on the day. If insufficient numbers in a section, the organiser reserves the right to amend, combine, or cancel sections at their discretion.
• No competitor is permitted to wear tap shoes inside the venue. This rule will be strictly enforced.
• Pointe shoes are not to be worn by competitors under 12 years of age.
• The use of videos, cameras and mobile phone photography is STRICTLY NOT PERMITTED and may lead to a competitor being disqualified. Teachers, please advise parents of this restriction. An official photographer and videographer will be available to record your dances for a fee.
• All rubbish and items must be removed from the venue and change rooms when you leave. Please leave change rooms and hall in the clean and tidy condition in which they were found.
• No smoking is permitted anywhere on school grounds.
• Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by and adult.
• PLATINUM DANCE COMPETITION expects all studios that participate in events to maintain a high moral standard, keep a positive attitude, and encouraging nature. We promote an environment of positive energy and growth of the students.
• PLATINUM DANCE COMPETITION does not have a set schedule. Schedules are formatted based on the number and type of entries received to best serve the majority of participants. We do not have this breakdown until all of the entries have been processed. We do this so we can try to have all the days end at a reasonable time, especially Sundays, when students have school the next day. We would rather go later Saturday and let everyone leave earlier on Sunday. This would not necessarily be possible if we followed a pre-determined schedule.
• Please be ready to perform at least 1-hour prior to your performance time. Dancers must check in with our Stage Manager and perform in the scheduled order unless our Stage Manager grants special permission. ONLY legitimate costume changes of less than two routines and costume malfunctions will be accommodated. Failure to comply with any of these directives may result in the routine being classified “adjudication only.” The wrongful holding of numbers may result in disqualification. Any studio that delays the competition because they are rehearsing will have points deducted from their total score. Should an event run ahead of its scheduled time, performers should still plan to be ready to perform early.
• All competitors will be required to confirm their attendance with the backstage manager 1 hr prior to commencement of event. Entrants must arrive 1 hr prior to scheduled time. PLATINUM DANCE COMPETITION reserves the right to run up to ONE hour early & therefore it is a good idea to arrive early in case this may be the case. PLATINUM DANCE COMPETITION holds no responsibility if you miss your event due to event running ahead of schedule.
• Schedules are available approximately 10-days prior to each event.
• There will be an Accommodation Fee for any special requests – emailed. Once the schedule is created, NO STUDIO, TEACHER, OR PARENT may request a performance to be re-scheduled. We highly recommend that studios be flexible and be able to perform at any point during the competition weekend. Be advised that we DO NOT split up divisional categories. Please be realistic with requests and take into consideration that your request may conflict with others and may not be accommodated. There are no refunds for conflicts that cannot be accommodated.
• PLATINUM DANCE COMPETITION philosophy: Competition is not about “beating out others” but improving yourselves, appreciating what you have learned and acknowledging others accomplishments, everything else is icing on the cake!
• PLATINUM DANCE COMPETITION promotes a family-geared environment. Routines that are seductive, contain explicit lyrics, and suggestive material could result in substantial point deductions. We expect all entries to be appropriate for family viewing. We also expect all parents, teachers, & dancers to use good moral character and values at the competition. We encourage good sportsmanship!!!