Platinum Dancer of the Year – DOTY is more than a competition; it’s a celebration of the human spirit expressed through dance. From the distinguished adjudicators to the grand stage, from the allure of cash prizes to the finals at SHORE North Sydney, every aspect of this event is designed to elevate dance to new heights.
So, put on your dance shoes, feel the rhythm, and join us on a journey where every step could lead to the crowning glory of being named the Platinum Dancer of the Year. The stage is set; the spotlight awaits – dance your heart out!
Date: July 27th 2024
Venue: Star of the Sea Theatre – Stella Maris Manly
Finals: Sunday August 11th 2024 – SHORE Smith Auditorium
Age: Age of competitor on June 27th 2024
Age Groups: 10years & under | 13years & under | 14years & over
Entry Fee: 3 routines $150.00
Competitor Registration Fee $38.00
Enter Through: PlatinumDanceCompetition_Enter (link)
Entries Close: July 1st 2024
All entries to be lodged on-line by the closing date. Event may close early if capacity is reached prior to date.
Each dancer will perform 3 routines, a Jazz, Contemporary and a Lyrical routine . Each Routine will be scored out of 100.
There will be 2 adjudicators.
Total score for 3 routines, 2 adjudicators, will be out off 600.
Each routine will be scored and then added together for a total score. There will be two judges, each judge will mark every routine out of 100. Judges scores will be added together for grand total score out of 600 for the 3 routines.
TOP FIVE in each age group go through to PLATINUM DANCER OF THE YEAR FINAL.
PLATINUM DANCER OF THE YEAR FINAL
Entrants are required to perform one routine at the finals, routine may NOT be a repeat of dance from sections. This routine will be scored and added to your combined total from age group sections.
PLATINUM DANCER OF THE YEAR Finals | $25 admission per person.
Platinum Dancer of The Year – Cash Giveaways for Overall Winners
We are thrilled to anticipate the dance excellence of our talented participants in the upcoming Platinum Dancer of The Year competition. The cash prizes will be awarded to the overall winners in each age division:
These cash giveaways will serve as a testament to the skill and dedication we expect from our phenomenal dancers. We look forward to congratulating all the winners and making the upcoming Platinum Dancer of The Year event truly exceptional!
Music needs to be uploaded in advance of the competition using – Music Uploads.
All music should be recorded at proper speed.
FOR EMERGENCY it is advisable to have a duplicate USB.
Solos 3:00 min
NUMBER OF ENTRIES
Entries will be on a first come, first serve basis and will be limited to the amount of performance time available. PLATINUM DANCE COMPETITION reserves the right to add additional competition days or move the competition location due to unforeseen circumstances.
PLATINUM DANCE COMPETITION also bears the right to refuse entries at their discretion. Any change in competition days and/or times is at the sole discretion of PLATINUM DANCE COMPETITION and will be determined by the amount of time available at each regional competition.
In the event that you need to change sections a $20.00 administration fee will be charged. Changes need to be submitted via email 7 days prior to start of event.
10years & under | 13years & Under | 14years & Over
PLATINUM DANCE COMPETITION – STYLE
COMMERCIAL CONTEMPORARY – A routine with the intention of creating popular awareness to popular & current movements used to enhance a more present day contemporary style.
TRADITIONAL CONTEMPORARY – A routine where the movements have arisen from the tradition of this dance style. Primarily teaching the younger generations the history of this art form.
LYRICAL – A routine that is performed to the lyrics or mood of the music.
JAZZ – A routine that utilises jazz technique such as splits, isolation, leaps.
• There are no refunds, except if a section or the event is cancelled.
• The order of appearance will not be changed. Competitors must accept and follow the order. Under NO circumstances will this order change.
• Restarts – a competitor who commences performing and stops will be permitted to performing at end of section. Competitor will receive a report only and not be eligible for a placing.
• All competitors and spectators enter at their own risk. No responsibility will be taken for any accident, injury, or loss of property. This also applies to property on the grounds of the venue including motor vehicle. Upon entering the PLATINUM DANCE COMPETITION, it is agreed that all students, parents, relatives and teachers will not hold the PLATINUM DANCE COMPETITION, staff, directors, or the host facilities responsible for any injury or loss of property during the event.
• All competitors will be required to confirm their attendance with the backstage manager 1 hr prior to commencement of event. Entrants must arrive 1 hr prior to scheduled time. PLATINUM DANCE COMPETITION reserves the right to run up to ONE hour early & therefore it is a good idea to arrive early in case this may be the case. PLATINUM DANCE COMPETITION holds no responsibility if you miss your event due to event running ahead of schedule.
• Adjudicators decision is final. There is to be no communication with the adjudicator except for the offical staff at PLATINUM DANCE EVENT.
• If insufficient numbers in a section, the organiser reserves the right to amend, combine, or cancel sections at their discretion.
• Props must be removed from stage as soon as possible after performance is completed and removed completely from side stage.
• All participants give their permission for any photograph or video taken of them by PLATINUM DANCE COMPETITION to be used in promotion. This includes ads, website, social media, newsletters, brochures and any other form of marketing both print and digital on behalf of PLATINUM DANCE COMPETITION. Videos, cameras and mobile phone photography is STRICTLY NOT PERMITTED and may lead to a competitor being disqualified. Teachers, please advise parents of this restriction. An official photographer and videographer will be available to record your dances for a fee.
• All rubbish and items must be removed from the venue and change rooms when you leave. Please leave change rooms and hall in the clean and tidy condition in which they were found.
• No smoking is permitted anywhere on school grounds.
• PLATINUM DANCE COMPETITION expects all studios that participate in events to maintain a high moral standard, keep a positive attitude, and encouraging nature.
• We promote an environment of positive energy and growth of the students. PLATINUM DANCE COMPETITION philosophy: Competition is not about “beating out others” but improving yourselves, appreciating what you have learned and acknowledging accomplishments, everything else is icing on the cake!
• PLATINUM DANCE COMPETITION promotes a family-geared environment. Routines that are seductive, contain explicit lyrics, and suggestive material could result in substantial point deductions. We expect all entries to be appropriate for family viewing. We also expect all parents, teachers, & dancers to use good moral character and values at the competition. We encourage good sportsmanship!!!